Baptist Corporate Compliance Program
At Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation, we maintain a Corporate Compliance Program to support our mission, vision and values and to help the organization fulfill its responsibilities by promoting legal and regulatory compliance with a focus on reimbursement and business relationships. The Baptist Corporate Compliance Office serves as a resource to the organization and works in conjunction with many other departments of the corporation to achieve compliance with laws and regulations that affect Baptist's operations. To that end, the Compliance Program provides all Baptist team members with the most accurate, concise and up-to-date information and advice to assure that they are aware of their responsibilities with respect to sustaining such an environment.
The Baptist Corporate Compliance Office is responsible for the Compliance Program and addresses general compliance issues as well as issues related to research and grant compliance, billing and reimbursement compliance, coding compliance and ethics. In addition, the Corporate Compliance Office responds to compliance concerns identified through ongoing auditing and monitoring activities and those reported by team members and visitors.
The Baptist Corporate Compliance Office also maintains the TIPS Helpline/Hotline that team members and visitors may use to report on an anonymous and confidential basis. In order to maintain Baptist’s culture of compliance and achieve its mission; the Corporate Compliance Office provides all team members with regularly scheduled and specifically requested training on a state and federal level, legal and regulatory matters as well as Baptist's Standards of Conduct.
Our Compliance Program is Made Up of Seven Elements
- Establish Standards: Developing and implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- High Level Oversight: Designating a Compliance Officer, Compliance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Training & Education: Conducting effective training and education; Mandatory annual training.
- Open Lines of Communication: Developing and managing effective lines of communication; Managing a confidential Helpline/Hotline.
- Auditing & Monitoring: Conducting internal monitoring and auditing; Testing of controls to address risks.
- Enforcement of Standards: Enforcing standards of conduct through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines.
- Detection, Remediation & Enforcement: Responding promptly to detected offenses and undertaking corrective action.
- Promotion of good citizenship, legal and ethical behavior and good business judgment.
- Promotion of continuing adherence to applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Early detection of misconduct.
- Prevention of wrongdoing.
For compliance concerns, such as standards of conduct or suspected violations of law, please contact Corporate Compliance at 901-227-5920, the Baptist TIPS Helpline/Hotline at 877-BMH-TIPS, or Corporate Counsel at 901-227-5233.
For concerns about patient care, please call the Patient Safety Organization at 901-227-6668.